Job Description: Exhibition / Event Manager
Role type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Central Brighton/homeworking
Smarter Shows is a vibrant, dynamic business-to-business exhibition and conference company based in the centre of Brighton. We are seeking experienced sales managers / exhibition managers to work on our prestigious sector leading expo brands.
An exciting opportunity to join a leading international exhibition organiser and lead the researched and approved launch of a large-scale exhibition with global potential. Reporting into the Managing Director(s), you will take full responsibility of the development, creating strong relationships with industry bellwethers and key partners to deliver an event that meets the needs of the industry.
Key Tasks Responsibilities:
- Overall management responsibility for the exhibition. This includes exhibition, sponsorship and digital sales, reporting, administration including CRM upkeep and floorplan management, and development of the event.
- Market research, monitoring of competitor events, attending competitor events.
- Undertaking presentations to show partners and prospects.
- Prospect database management and development
- Management of key stakeholder relationships e.g. agents, associations, industry partners.
- Effective collaboration with key event team members including across Marketing, Operation, Conference Production, Tech and Data departments to deliver the show to its full potential
- Recruitment, training, development, motivation, and management of junior sales team members
Who will you be?
An ambitious, hard-working, and charismatic event sales professional who has demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding growth targets through skilled new business acquisition and consultative account management. A proven salesperson with a minimum of 4+ years relevant event / exhibition experience looking for more responsibility, prominence, and reward. You will have:
- Passion, drive, determination, and commitment to individual, team, and business goals
- The ability to develop and grow strong relationships with a wide range of organisations at a senior level
- A proven sales background with excellent questioning and closing skills
- A good commercial understanding of exhibitions, conferences, and digital opportunities
- Successful experience of devising, selling, and managing exhibitions.
- Great research and analytical skills in understanding the competitive marketplace and developing strategies and tactics to sell our events effectively given competitive market conditions
- A team mentality - understanding the importance of effective collaboration and able to work with a variety of individuals and functions towards positive solutions and outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills to effectively manage and report on active sales campaigns
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to work to strict deadlines.
Joint Managing Director, Smarter Shows (Tarsus) Limited