We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Exhibition Operations Manager to join our busy Operations team on a full time, permanent basis. Reporting to the Operations Director & Senior Operations Manager, the primary purpose of the role is to support all aspects of the exhibitors’ relationship with Smarter Shows and to enable the seamless delivery of Exhibitions from an operational and logistical perspective.
Key responsibilities will include:
Exhibitor Relationship Management
- Processing bookings and keeping up to date records
- Liaising with exhibitors – ensure exhibitors receive excellent customer service pre-show and onsite, answering queries and chasing forms and information in pre-show, solving queries onsite
- Liaising with sponsors for onsite deliverables
- Manage contras and special stand requirements
- Approving stand builds
Operational Project Management
- Producing, managing and understanding technical floorplans, to maximise effectiveness and profitability
- Budget management including forecasting, updating pre and post-show
- Venue searching, negotiations and relationship management
- Contractor and supplier sourcing, negotiations and relationship management
- Attend event meetings, site visits, planning meetings etc.
- Production and management of online Exhibitor Portals
- Managing all aspects of onsite catering including delegate dining lunches, drinks receptions and networking events
- Understanding the events requirements; planning, managing and making decisions on services such as staffing, security, AV and stand building contractors etc.
- Creating detailed signage plans and managing the production of signage and event graphics
- Liaising with internal teams including marketing and sales throughout the event cycle
- Producing detailed event information including internal documentation, onsite staff briefings/schedules, exhibitor lists and floorplans
- Organising staff travel and accommodation
- Use Wrike, our project management software to plan, manage, update and report on the progress of event tasks and workload
- Post-event reporting and surveys
The successful candidate must be a natural people person, confident, flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, with a can-do approach and adapt to the continually growing requirements for the company. With exceptional organisational, planning and communication skills you will be able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise your work across multiple events, in different time zones which may include working some later shifts! Above all applicants should have a positive attitude, be eager to learn and able to use their initiative.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a B2B Event Operations role (exhibitions or conferences).
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritising
- Great attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Organized, enthusiastic and flexible self-starter
- Willing and able to take on responsibility and make decisions
- Working to agreed deadlines and timelines
- Professional manner and excellent client-facing skills
- Outstanding communication skills and command of English
- Experience of managing budgets and financial recording
- Flexible team player, willing to go the extra mile
- Willing and able to travel abroad
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with and shape the future of a young Brighton based events company. We offer flexitime and relaxed working hours along with 25 days’ holiday, of which 3 days must be taken between Christmas and New Year. We promote training and development, welcome new ideas and progression.