Smarter Shows are delighted to announce a new, free webinar from Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo Europe ‘Improving Energy Density, Lifespan and Affordability of EV Components Through Thermal Management Materials’, sponsored by LORD
The webinar will be taking place on Thursday 11 April 2019 at 15:00 CEST / 14:00 GMT / 09:00 EDT.
Electric vehicles (EV) are nearing an inflection point where they will begin to replace vehicles powered by internal combustion engines. Much of this is driven by regulation and advancements in battery technology. Automotive battery packs generate heat that is often managed by connecting cells and/or modules to a heat sink through a thermal interface material. As EVs become more prevalent, continued innovation in thermal management solutions for battery packs will occur. This webinar will provide an overview of thermal management materials used in EVs, as well as to show how thermal conductivity, power density and weight reduction for EVs is addressed, making it a serious alternative to combustion engines.
This webinar discusses the following topics:
- How thermal management materials address EV limitations in range, reliability and cost by drawing heat away from components and improving energy density, lifespan and affordability.
- Pros and cons of a cure-in-place liquid-dispense gap filler or a pre-cured thermal pad (also called gap pad).
- New flame-resistant coatings that can help mitigate prevent thermal runaway in case of a fire.
- Data from internal testing, as well as third party testing.
- Conclusions and recommendations that include tradeoffs on cost, manufacturability and performance.
The webinar will include interactive Q&A time, during which you can put your questions to leading industry experts.
Find out more about the webinar and register for your place here. If you can’t make the webinar, register anyway and the recording will be sent to you when it’s over.