Due to continued expansion and the implementation of a new marketing automation system, we are hiring a Marketing Manager to plan, manage and deliver marketing campaigns across our event portfolio. The ideal candidate will have an event or B2B background and experience using the full marketing mix but will also have specialised in either digital, social, marketing automation, email marketing, content or data.
The Marketing Manager will have exceptional organisational, planning and communication skills and be a natural multitasker, working to multiple deadlines. The Marketing Manager will be confident and calm, a good team player, ambitious and results driven and always striving for improvement and efficiency. Responsible for planning and managing two annual marketing campaigns, the Marketing Manager will drive visitor, exhibitor and delegate participation, supporting both the sales and conferences teams with an assistant direct report.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of the marketing plan.
Database & audience development:
- Responsible for developing the visitor database with the internal and external database teams.
- Responsible for the production, delivery and reporting of event marketing email schedule.
- Paid search and social campaign management.
- Partnership research, outreach, acquisition and renewals.
- Negotiating and brokering partnership deals.
- Delivery of partnership activities.
- Production and scheduling of on and offline advertising including;
- Display, radio, billboard
Direct mail & print:
- Responsible for the production and delivery of event print and digital materials, from content, proofing, design through to print and mailing, ensuring relevant sign off and approval is met.
- Producing and executing a content marketing schedule.
- Working with external writers / editors to produce content.
- Copywriting and refreshing event websites.
- Ensuring website are optimised to generate registrations and leads.
PR & media outreach:
- Management and delivery of PR campaign.
- Writing press releases / media advisories.
- Building a media database.
- Organising ad hoc PR events.
- Visitors, exhibitors, delegates, media and speaker interviews.
- 3-5 years marketing experience (event marketing experience advantageous)
- Proven track record of working to deadlines and within budget
- Experience using a marketing automation system, such as Marketo or Pardot
- Experience in print, direct mail and email marketing
- CMS, email, Salesforce experience (desirable but not essential)
- Experience working with suppliers, agencies and sales teams
- Educated to degree level in business or marketing related subject