Reporting directly into the Event Director, the Exhibition Advertising & Sponsorship Sales Manager will be responsible for driving a consistent weekly sales campaign, working towards the annual event sales target. You will be tasked with increasing revenue through the upselling of advertising and sponsorship opportunities to both warm and cold leads.
The role will involve international travel once established and following a probationary period.
Face to face selling experience is desired but not mandatory, as 90% of the position will be telephone sales based.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Building and managing a constantly developing list of relevant leads of potential exhibiting companies
- Managing and updating company CRM system (Salesforce)
- Introducing and pitching the exhibition to senior decision makers from SME’s to global corporations through cold calling, as well as to warm existing clients
- Objection Handling
- Managing potential advertisers or sponsors through the sales funnel
- Confirming multiple new advertisers or sponsors each week
- Working with internal teams including marketing and operations for the collective delivery of a successful event
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, driven and extremely persuasive. A people person who is sensitive to cultural differences
- You must have initiative and the ability to work independently
- Experience in a telephone based sales role is essential, along with an excellent telephone manner
- Experience in print or digital advertising sales is preferred but not essential
- Good email communication skills
- Self motivated and incredibly well organised
- Be adaptable and flexible enough to utilise multiple sales approaches to close business
- Be resilient and comfortable talking with senior decision makers, company CEO’s and Presidents
- Experience of travel and international employment is preferred
- Strong MS based IT skills, Excel, Word, Outlook required
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM desirable
- Adept at using Social Media (such as LinkedIn) to connect with relevant prospects
A competitive basic salary is offered alongside an unprecedented uncapped commission and bonus structure.
We work in a relaxed but driven environment in central Brighton. As a rapidly growing company exceptional career progression is on offer.